Food & Drink

28th November 2019

A Skint Student’s Guide to Stocking Fillers

After blasting your student loan on nights out, unnecessary amazon orders and big fat burritos from the Guild, you might be worrying how much further Christmas presents will send you into your overdraft.

Luckily, Liverpool Guild Student Media have found the cheapest and most fabulous budget Christmas presents all under £10, so gather up the last of your pennies!

You might even have some money left over for a final trip to Skint Tuesday’s before Christmas… but let’s be honest, you’re going either way!

The Classic

Terry’s Chocolate Orange

It’s a right of passage that no Christmas is complete without a ball of chocolate orange goodness and for as little as £1 from Iceland, it’s the winning budget present.

The true legend of Christmas chocolate.

Address: Unit 3/4 Williamson SQ, St John Centre, Liverpool L1 1EQ

DIY

So easy, anyone could do it!

An ‘I owe you a meal’ gift voucher

Image Credit: Author

If you fancy yourself as the next Gordon Ramsey, then this is the perfect present to give (and no, pot noodles don’t count).

Get stuck in and rustle up a lovely meal for a family member, significant other or a mate. The only catch is that you’re on washing up duty, sorry!

Luxury on a budget

Costa Coffee 5x Monin Syrups Set

RRP: £9.99

We all know someone crazy about coffee that would absolutely love this. Not only can these syrups be used for coffee based drinks, but can also be added to a hot chocolate for an indulgent treat.

All Monin syrups are vegan.

Chocolate Tool Kit

RRP: £6.50

For the fixer upper in your life, this Belgium chocolate 5 piece tool kit is bound to do the job!

Mrs Bridges Savoury Chutney Trio 

RRP: £5.99

Chutney is a Christmas favourite, and this trio is a fantastic addition to the cheeseboards (mmmm) over the festive period. Also suitable for vegans!

World Beer Selection Gift Set

RRP: £3.99

This set of four beers from around the world is great value for money, even The Brookhouse £1.70 pints on a Thursday couldn’t beat this!

Address: Borden Court, London Rd, Liverpool L3 8JA

The weird and wonderful

Gin & Tonic Popcorn Pouch

RRP: £3.00

This unusual popcorn would be a winning gift for any gin or popcorn lover (the two best things in life, am I right?).

There’s even a cheese on toast flavoured popcorn, the ideal gift for any cheese enthusiast, or possibly a step too far?!

Address:  Horrocks Ave, Liverpool L19 5NY

Glow Shot Glasses

RRP: £4.49

The perfect present for the ultimate party animal! Drinks will never be the same again.

Personalised Photo Jumbo Marshmallow

RRP: £9.99

If you’re looking for a present for the food lover who has everything, this might be the one!

I mean how many people have received a giant marshmallow with their face on it?!

The present that will make a real difference

Christmas is a great time to give to those less fortunate.

A Charity Donation

This Christmas £10 can provide a family with an improved-breed cockerel and hen, as well as training on poultry farming. The eggs will provide a food source and can be sold for income.

Self Help Africa aims to end hunger and poverty in Africa. With 1 in 3 people living in sub-Saharan Africa undernourished, your donation would improve the lives of those who really need your help.

We hope we’ve made Christmas on a budget a little easier for you!

Check out some more LGSM Food & Drink articles here

Feature image credit: Unsplash