Back in early quarantine Gigi Hadid blessed us with her pasta sauce. It took the world by storm and became a worldwide trend on Tik Tok. So what better time that in our third lockdown (wipes tears) to try out new recipes? I’m giving you an excuse to curl up on the couch watching a film with a big bowl of pasta – so take it.
Just imagine a creamy tomato sauce with a slight spicy kick. Do you want to know a secret? You don’t have to imagine, the recipe is below…
Ingredients (makes four servings):
- 1 onion
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200g of passata
- 3 tablespoons of vodka
- 450g pasta of your choice
- 120g of double cream
- 50g of cheese of your choice
- 1 tablespoon of chillies
- A sprinkle of parsley
- 300g of chicken, sliced (optional)
- Frying pan
- 4 serving bowls
- To begin, heat the oil, adding the onion and garlic in a frying pan. Make sure you cook it on a medium heat until it has all softened.
- Then add the passata along with the chilli flakes and stir well. Don’t worry if it’s all stuck together- you’re doing it right.
- Whilst this is cooking away, bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for the recommended time.
- After 10 minutes add the double cream to the passata and combine thoroughly whilst on a high heat.
- Add a small cup of pasta water to the tomato sauce along with the key ingredient: VODKA!
- Drain the pasta and place it in the frying pan with the tomato, vodka sauce.
- Then add the unsalted butter and mix.
- Once the pasta is completely emerged in the sauce add the finishing touch by slowly stirring in your choice of cheese.
- Serve in a bowl with a sprinkle of parsley on top, et voila.
Creamy, cheesey, rich deliciousness. What a way to start 2021!
A Final Comment
You can’t go wrong with this delectable pasta dish for a cosy lockdown night in. So try it for yourself!
To find out the best food and drinks that Liverpool has to offer, and tasty recipes, check out some of our other articles.