Calling all chocolate orange lovers! What better way to end 2020 than with this ultimate sweet treat? This foolproof brownie recipe is perfect for any baker. In under 50 minutes, under £10 (if you purchase Aldi’s finest) and under 10 steps, how could you resist?
Adding Terry’s Chocolate Orange brings this brownie to a whole new level, you will have to try it yourself and see! They say the proof is in the pudding, right?
- 350g Dark or milk chocolate
- 250g Butter (can be salted or unsalted)
- 250g Light brown sugar
- 3 Medium eggs
- 120g Plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Orange extract
- 1 Terry’s Chocolate Orange
- 1 x Large bowl
- 1 x Scale
- 1 x Teaspoon
- 1 x Whisk
- 1 x Heatproof bowl
- 1 x Spoon
- 1 x Pan
- 1 x Baking tray
- First preheat the oven to 180C or 160C fan and line your 12″ x 9″ (or any baking tray you like) with greaseproof paper.
- Secondly place 12 of the Terry’s Chocolate Orange segments into the freezer and chop the remainder up to mix in with the batter later.
- Next, melt the dark chocolate and butter together in a pan and make sure the ingredients are well combined. Then set aside.
- After that, in a large bowl whisk the eggs, sugar and orange extract for about 2-3 minutes or until they are frothy.
- Then combine the chocolate mixture from the pan with the eggs and sugar in the bowl, begin to whisk.
- Once the mixture is whisked thoroughly add the flour and baking powder, whisking until the flour isn’t visible. Then mix in the remaining chopped chocolate orange from earlier.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- After that, check to see if the mixture is cooked by inserting a knife through the middle. If it comes out without any batter on then remove it from the oven.
- Press the chocolate orange segments from the freezer into the batter and allow to cool.
- Once cold, remove from the tray and slice evenly into 12 pieces. Enjoy!
If you want to go all out serve with vanilla ice cream – a match made in heaven.
A Final Comment
After this year, these are the only brownies to lift your Christmas spirits.
Bake now and indulge yourself in these brilliant brownies! To share or not to share, that is the question?
To find out the best food and drinks that Liverpool has to offer, and tasty recipes, check out some of our other articles
Feature Image Credit: Author